SpeedZone Lawn Weed Killer Concentrate
Have a Question? Ask Our Pros!
You May Also Need
SpeedZone Lawn Weed Killer Concentrate contains the same percentages of active ingredient as the larger SpeedZone Red gallon size and 2.5 gallon size.
Speedzone is an excellent selective post-emergent herbicide with superior cool-weather performance and can be used on established cool and warm-season grasses for common and troublesome weeds in turf-grass such as spurge, pennywort, dandelion, and white clover. Evidence of injury can be seen within hours of application, and plants can die in 7 to 14 days. Safe to apply on Kentucky bluegrass, annual bluegrass, perennial ryegrass, tall fescue, red or fineleaf fescue, creeping and colonial bentgrass (excluding golf greens), and mixtures of cool-season species in noncropland (Kentucky bluegrass, tall fescue, smooth bromegrass, and orchardgrass). Uses include institutional, ornamental, and residential sites, sod production, and noncropland (rights-of-way, roadsides, medians, airports, and military installations). Spray solution must be above pH 5 and below pH 8.
Note: Due to New California State restrictions, this Can Not be Sold in California.
Features and Specs
|Active Ingredient||2,4-D, 2-ethylhexyl ester 28.57% Carfentrazone-ethyl 0.62% Dicamba 1.71% Mecoprop-P 5.88%|
|Target pests||100 different Broad-leaf Weeds: Wild Violet, Clover, Garlic, Spurge, Plantain, Chickweed, Poison Oak and Ivy
* See label for complete list
|For use in||Cool Season Grasses: Kentucky Blue Grass, Perennial rye grass, Tall fescue, Colonial bent grass
Warm Season Grasses: Common Bermuda and Zoyziagrass
|Application||1 oz. per gallon of water per 1,000 sq. ft.
1 tbsp. per gallon of water (hose-end sprayer)
* See label for complete application instructions
|Pet safe||Yes, if used as directed on Label|
|NOT FOR SALE TO||AK, CA, DC|
|Coverage Area||14,300 sq. ft.|
|Shipping Weight||1.40 lbs|
|Manufacturer||PBI Gordon Corporation|
HOW TO APPLY:
FOR ORTHO HOSE-END SPRAYERS FOR COOL-SEASON TURFGRASS
- For Ortho Dial’N Spray Hose-End Sprayer or Gilmour Dial-A-Mix Lawn and Garden Sprayer:
- SET THE DIAL: Set dial on 3 tsp. (1 Tbs.) per gallon.
- FILL: Determine (Measure) the lawn area to be sprayed. Calculate square feet by multiplying length by width. The application rate for this product is 1.4 fl. oz. per 1,000 sq. ft. of lawn. Add an adequate amount of herbicide to the spray bottle to treat the total lawn area.
- SPRAY: Spray evenly over the lawn.
Example: Measure 4.0 fl. oz. (8 Tbs.) into sprayer jar. Do not add water. Set dial on 3 teaspoons (tsp.) and spray uniformly on 3,000 sq. ft. of lawn. The maximum application rate to turf is 0.8 pound 2,4-D acid equivalent per acre per application per site. The maximum number of broadcast applications per treatment site is 2 per year.
SPOT TREATMENTS FOR COOL-SEASON TURFGRASS
- For Hand-Operated Sprayers: For cool-season turfgrass, mix 1.0 fl. oz. of SPEED-ZONE Lawn Weed Killer per 1.0 gallon of water for treatment of approximately 1,000 sq. ft. of turfgrass. Apply any time the emerged broadleaf weeds are susceptible.
Average Customer Rating
SpeedZone Red Lawn Weed Killer is an excellent selective post-emergent herbicide with superior cool-weather performance and can be used on established cool and warm-season grasses for common and troublesome weeds in turf-grass such as spurge, pennywort, dandelion, and white clover.