How To Make Cannabis-Infused Sushi
When thinking of edibles, the mind often conjures images of cakes and brownies. But anything can be infused with cannabis, including sushi!
Everybody loves sushi! The delicious Japanese cuisine—available in both fish and vegan options—never fails to fill the belly and satisfy the soul. You might ask: what could be better than freshly crafted sushi rolls? Well, how about a touch of cannabinoids?
Cannabis can be infused into just about anything. You can infuse your morning coffee with a dose of THC, or bake CBD brownies for a clear-headed effect. So why not give your sushi snacks a molecular twist?
The recipe below will guide you through the process of making delicious cannabis-infused sushi.
CANNABIS OLIVE OIL: THE FOUNDATION OF THE RECIPE
Before we get into the meat (or fish) of the matter, we need to make a batch of cannabis olive oil.
Why? This will serve as the cannabinoid-rich extract for our fish dish. Cannabinoids are fat-soluble, so making an oil extract first will maximise the potency of the sushi.
Find out how to make cannabis-infused olive oil here before proceeding with the recipe below.
Now that you’ve made your oil, it’s time to whip up some sushi. View this recipe as a guideline, and feel free to get creative and add extra vegetables and spices.
MAKING POTENT MAYONNAISE
In its “natural” form, cannabis olive oil doesn’t really lend itself to most sushi recipes. Instead, we’ll transform it into a psychoactive mayonnaise that you can easily add to your roll.
- 1 egg yolk (silken tofu for the vegan option)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup cannabis-infused olive oil
- Salt to taste
DIRECTIONS: MAYONNAISE FROM SCRATCH
1. Add the egg yolk, water, lemon juice, and mustard into a glass jar.
2. Pour the cannabis-infused olive oil on top.
3. Use a hand blender to thoroughly process the mixture until it reaches a thick consistency.
4. Sample and add salt to taste.
MAKING SUSHI ROLLS
Now it’s time for the real action. Gather all of the ingredients mentioned below and get ready to roll!
- 300g sushi rice
- 100ml rice wine vinegar
- Whole cucumber
- Smoked salmon (tofu or tempeh as a vegan option)
- Red bell pepper
- Diced avocado
- Spring onion
- Nori sheets
1. Lay a nori sheet onto your sushi mat with the shiny side facing down. Dip your fingers in the rice vinegar and press the rice down into a layer around 1cm in thickness. Leave the furthest edge of the nori wrap uncovered (you will use this to seal the roll later).
2. Use a knife and spread a layer of the now psychoactive mayonnaise down the centre of the rice.
3. Chop the cucumber and bell pepper into thin, long strips. Chop the spring onion into fine slices and dice up the avocado. Top the mayonnaise with the prepared veg.
4. Slice up the smoked salmon (or tofu/tempeh) and place it along the strip with the veg.
5. Time to roll! Lift the edge of the mat over the rice and begin to roll. Keep a slight pressure to make sure the roll is nice and tight.
6. Stop rolling before you reach the empty part of the nori wrap. Add a little bit of water to help it stick, then complete the roll.
7. Wrap the roll in cling film to keep it together. Use a sharp knife to slice up the roll, then remove the cling film.
Voilà, your sushi is ready to eat. Enjoy! For some quick tips on how to avoid making mistakes when cooking edibles, check out this article!Sushi is delicious, nourishing, and wholesome. It's hard to improve upon this traditional recipe, but adding cannabis can really bring it to new heights.
- December 3, 2018
- / No Comments
- / Asian
Sushi is an incredible gift from Japanese cuisine. It is arguably one of the most popular foods in the world. Cannabis Infused Sushi is the amalgamation of two incredible culinary feats. This incredible cannabis edible is a fantastic way to strengthen your cooking skills while medicating.
If you aren’t familiar, here is a little summary of Sushi.
Sushi is a traditional Japanese food. Raw fish is the most known feature of this food. The serving of fish is usually over top of sticky rice or on its own.
Maki is rolls are rolls of sticky rice that surround foods like tofu, fish, and vegetables. Sushi chefs wrap these rolls with seaweed paper (Nori) creating a compact and scrumptious long cylinder. Cutting the long cylinder into pieces creates, small bite-size portions.
Soy sauce, wasabi, and ginger frequently accompany Sushi. These items accompany your food for extra flavor. Chopsticks are the choice method to eat your Sushi. The Sushi experience is one you don’t want to miss. Especially Cannabis Infused Sushi!
This is how are we are infusing Sushi with cannabis.
It is also common to serve Sushi with a spicy mayonnaise sauce. Sriracha and mayonnaise are the main ingredients of this sauce. In this recipe, we add cannabis oil to spicy mayo. The consistency and flavor of cannabis infused sriracha mayo is amazing.
You can dip your Sushi rolls into this sauce. You may also want to drizzle this cannabis sauce over your food. This little bit of spice really adds to the flavor and experience. It perfectly complements your dish while providing you with a dose of THC oil.
Try Your Hand At Cannabis Infused Sushi With This Recipe
Follow the recipe below and create your very own lineup of Sushi. This interactive food is sure to be a fun and satisfying way to enjoy cannabis edibles.Cannabis Infused Sushi is all about creating memorable experience. This food is a fantastic gift from Japanese cuisine. Try your hand at weed Sushi. ]]>