How to Make Marijuana Margaritas at Home
Even if you are not a fan of mixed drinks, you have to admit that margaritas are awesome. If you agree that there can’t be anything better than the refreshing mix of tequila and lime juice on a hot day, get ready to be proven wrong! Marijuana takes it to a whole new level!
Here is a fantastic Marijuana Margarita recipe that’s very simple. In the first part of the recipe, we show you how to infuse Tequila with some good weed; in the second part, we show you how to make and serve the drinks.
ACTIVATING YOUR CANNABIS: DECARBOXYLATION
Before we begin, the first thing you need to do is decarboxylate your cannabis. This is the process of heating it up to activate the THC and other cannabinoids within. Without this process, your margarita will have no cannabis kick to it.
Fortunately, the process is simple. Pre-heat your oven to 120°C. While heating up, spread out your cannabis over a baking tray, then bake it in the oven for 27 minutes. Once done, all of those lovely cannabinoids will be active and ready for use in your drink infusion!
Tequila (White works best)
One large jar with lid
Some weed (ground trim or bud shake) to fill about ¾ of your jar
PART I: HOW TO INFUSE THE TEQUILA WITH MARIJUANA
1. Take the Mason jar and fill it to about three-quarters full with some of your favourite weed. I found that bud shake or ground trim works nicely for this. Pour enough tequila into the jar to cover your weed, then close the jar up. Shake your jar well to evenly distribute the marijuana and the tequila.
2. Find a cool and dark spot where you can place the jar and allow the mix to steep for several weeks. We recommend a minimum of one week for steeping; three weeks is optimal. Periodically shake the jar during this time.
After you’ve left the jar sitting for the recommended time, strain the mix. A coffee filter does the job nicely. Your weed infused tequila should have a nice golden colour when it’s ready.
3. Some may prefer regular tequila instead of white, but this will make the process slightly more difficult. Regular tequila is already dark, so you will not know when it’s ready steeping just from looking at it. However, the main reason that we recommend white tequila is that it allows you to make a nice greenish drink at the end, keeping in theme!
Once you strained your cannabis-infused tequila, pour it in a bottle.
PART II: HOW TO MAKE YOUR MARIJUANA MARGARITAS
1. In a blender, put 1-2 cups of ice cubes together with 4-8 tablespoons of honey.
2. Squeeze 2-3 fresh limes and add their juice into the mix.
3. Now take the pot-infused tequila that you made earlier, and add to the mix according to your taste. More pot tequila means a stronger drink.
4. Turn on the blender and blend until smooth.
SERVE YOUR MARIJUANA MARGARITAS
Margaritas are traditionally served with chilled glasses. You can chill the glasses in the fridge while you prepare your Margarita mix. Some like their Tequila with a salt rim, others without. If you want to serve Margaritas in the traditional way with salt, slightly dip the rims of the glass in some water and afterwards onto a plate where you sprinkled some salt.
For serving, cut another lime into thin slices and cut a small notch into each. Put a slice of lime over the rim of each glass. Fill the glasses with your Margarita mix.
If you want, you can also grate some lime zest and decorate the top of each drink with it.
Serve and enjoy your awesome marijuana Margaritas!
Check out our recipe for making your very own weed-infused margaritas. Perfect for a hot summer's day!
- December 21, 2018
- / 3 Comments
Cannabis infused tequila might be the party drink you’ve been looking for. This taste weed infused spirit is an excellent base to canna-cocktails. Consider whipping up some Monday Margaritas or a Tuesday Tequila Sunrise. We’re sure you can find an occasion. Plan to make this weed infused spirit a couple days ahead, and your drinks will be the talk of the town.
This is the need to know before you make cannabis infused tequila:
Are you using your cannabis infused tequila for cocktails? It is important to understand that this infusion creates a “cross-fading” effect. This effect is powerful and not for everybody. In addition, it is important not to abuse this infusion by consuming too much of it. Interestingly, the effects of alcohol almost kick in straight away. In contrast, the effect of this canna-infusion can take close to an hour. Drink slowly and remain aware of timing.
How long will this cannabis spirit infusion take?
The cook time of weed tequila is quite short. It only takes about 45 minutes to prepare this weed infusion. We recommend that you leave your cannabis infused tequila from 24 hours, up to 2 weeks. This will allow you to get the best flavor and potency from your cannabis alcohol infusion.
What cocktails pair nicely with weed tequila?
Weed tequila blends well into many cannabis cocktails. Remember that your tequila is now slightly more herb-like. Tailor your cocktails to highlight these herb flavors by adding in weed bitters or herbaceous juices.
Consider making a Cannabis Infused Margarita, or an elevated Paloma. If you do not like the taste of cannabis, mask your weed infusion with additional juices.
Let’s Create Your Cannabis Infused Tequila!
This alcoholic cannabis infusion is delicious and simple to make. Be sure to follow the steps closely. Be very careful with weed infused alcohol. Do not over indulge and drink wisely.
Cannabis infused tequila is the perfect canna-cocktail base. If you love a tequila sunrise or a margarita, this is sure to up your cocktail game.