We partner with many organizations, individuals, and institutions to make our Seed Collective possible. Here are some of the great folks we work with:
- University of Florida
- Field and Fork Campus Food Program
- Plant Science Council
- Dr. Hector Perez , Associate Professor at the Seed Biology Lab
- Dr. Danielle Treadwell , Associate Professor specializing in organic farming systems, cover crop management, vegetable production, conservation tillage
- Dr. Kristin Joos , Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Dr. Mickie Swisher, Professor Sustainable Agriculture in the Family, Youth and Community Sciences Department
- Community people like you! We work with gardeners and farmers in our area to help grow our local seed network!
- Tomato breeding project with local tomato guru Tim Noyes, and mentor from Raleigh, NC, Craig LeHoullier
- Grow Hub and Farm to School to Work Hub is where we focus most of our seed growing and processing efforts. We work closely with adults with special needs that help in all aspects of seed production.
- Rocky Mountain Seed Alliance
- Seed Savers Exchange
- Seeds of Preservation Independence
- Southern Exposure Seed Exchange
- Organic Seed Alliance
More About Our Seed Collective
CLICK HERE to download our 2019 Annual Seed Report!
Now in our 10th year, we have grown far beyond simply providing garden seeds to our community. Over the years, we have built relationships with national organizations and local leaders, helping us learn to grow our own seed, organization, and community.
We save the very best seed from our fields, adapting it over time for our region. We spread our knowledge and passion through workshops, talks, and events, so that local growers can do that same.
We share the love and excitement of growing and eating from their own gardens, with youth, through partnerships with other community organizations.
Local youth gardens grow our seeds, reinforcing what’s learned in the classroom through the living laboratory of the garden. Some even grow for the school cafeteria!
We support local seed libraries and other community organizations with donations and education.
We are building a community-based regional and biodiverse seed bank!
Seed collective We partner with many organizations, individuals, and institutions to make our Seed Collective possible. Here are some of the great folks we work with: University of